This step-by-step guide will teach you everything you need to know to start rendering on OctaSpace using Blender. It will also familiarize you with all the various aspects, configurations, and interfaces of the OctaSpace rendering service, as well as the necessary Blender settings and other prerequisites to ensure a streamlined experience.
- Remote rendering uses Cycles engine
- Supported on all Blender versions including and up to Blender 4.0
- By default the final render will also include a video as well as images for each frame.
Rendering on OctaSpace using Blender is a straightforward process, but some initial configuration is required, especially if you have never used OctaSpace before.
This guide will cover the following:
- Installing the OctaSpace add-on (only required once) - Install add-on
- Starting a Blender instance on OctaSpace - Starting an instance
- Configuring Blender settings - Submitting a render
- Understanding the OctaSpace rendering interface - Flamenco interface
- Downloading completed renders - Download renders
You can also watch the below video tutorial which provides an quick overview of the process.